The quarter finals of the 2020 GTBank Masters Cup is set to hold from January 30-31, 2020 at the Campus Stadium, Lagos Island where the remaining 16 male and female teams will vie for a spot in the semi-finals.
The first match of the female category will see Ansar-Ud-Deen Girls’ High School and International School Lagos face each other, while last year’s finalists in the male category, Anwar Ul Islam Model College, go head to head with Bakre Disu Oshodi Memorial Senior School.
Defending champions, King's College, hoping to retain their title, will wrap up a mouth-watering quarter final when they take on Birch Freeman High School.
Organized by leading African financial institution, Guaranty Trust Bank plc, the GTBank Masters Cup is an annual football competition for privately-owned secondary schools geared towards discovering young football talents and inculcating in young people, the values of sportsmanship, camaraderie and fair play. In its 9th season, the competition kicked off with a total of 50 teams, out of which 8 teams remain in the male and female categories, respectively.
The full schedule of the quarter final stages is as follows:
▪ Ansar-Ud-Deen Girls’ High School, Itire vs International School Lagos
▪ Corona Secondary School, Agbara vs Greensprings School, Lekki
▪ Anwar Ul Islam Model College, Agege vs CMS Grammar School, Yaba
▪ Eko Boys High School, Mushin vs Bakre Disu Oshodi Memorial Senior. School
▪ Ansar-Ud-Deen College, Isolo vs Leadforte Gate College, Lekki
▪ Queens College, Yaba vs Atlantic Hall, Epe
▪ International School, Lagos vs Atlantic Hall, Epe/Greensprings School, Lekki
▪ King’s College, Lagos vs Birch Freeman High School, Surulere
Guaranty Trust Bank is a leading African financial institution, and has an unwavering support for sports education, infrastructure development and scholarships. Since inception, the GTBank Masters Cup tournament has discovered and developed outstanding football talents, some of whom are currently on scholarships with football clubs and academies in Nigeria and beyond.