The system administrator is responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining servers, storage, backup and restore. He is also responsible for patch management system, Symantec Endpoint protection, and multi-factor authentication functionality. The role holder will ensure service security vulnerabilities are resolved promptly, and Group policies are administered effectively.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Administration of HP Blade Systems and Dell converged system
- Management of Enterprise storage infrastructure
- Installation, management, and maintenance of servers
- Windows and Linux system administration
- Management of central monitoring system (HP IRS, SCOM etc.)
- Data Center Management
- Administration for Multi-factor Authentication
- Administration and maintenance of messaging platform, Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, proxy Server, mass mailing, CITRIX etc.
- Management of endpoint protection
- Patch management via SCCM
- Populate and Manage the Bank’s CMDB (Configuration Management Database)
- Meet the set Recovery Point Object (RPO) and Recovery Time objective (RTO) for all services
- Administration and maintenance of public cloud Infrastructure Platform [Azure]
- SWIFT and RTGS administration
- Basic understanding of Network and troubleshooting
- Conversant with Backup Applications (e.g. NetBackup)
- SEPM Administration
- ITIL Foundation
- Azure Administration
- Knowledge of relevant ISO standards: 20000, 27001 and 22301
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or any computer science-related fields
- 4+ years’ experience in Systems/Server Administration
- Recent experience using Virtual Infrastructure technologies (VMWare and Hypervisor)
- A good understanding of managing branded server hardware: Dell, HP, IBM etc.
- A strong understanding of Active Directory services
- Good understanding of two major operating systems: Windows and Linux
- Demonstrable recent experience with working with batch files, CMD scripts, PowerShell etc.
- Good understanding of use of administrative tools: SMTP, Exchange, Proxy, Patch and Software Release management, DNS tools etc.
- Experience in any of the agile methodologies will be an added advantage