The HR advisor will be the first port of call for all recruitment, ensuring the sourcing of the best talent for Guaranty Trust Holding Company - this will include advising business heads on the most effective ways to workforce plan for their function. The HR advisor will also assist with employee relations, from disciplinary and grievance processes to employee engagement activities. The HR advisor is also responsible for ensuring all policies and procedures are consistent and relevant, and that all HR queries are dealt with promptly and reliably.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Provide an efficient, effective, and customer-focused HR service which supports all aspects of an employee’s relationship and engagement with Guaranty Trust, including recruitment, terms and conditions of employment, and training and development activities.
- Develop and implement creative and innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to build a pipeline of exceptional talent.
- Build effective working relationships with staff at all levels, providing advice and guidance on a range of HR policies and HR related issues to support understanding and ensure effective communication of good HR practices.
- Build relationships with managers at all levels and develop a good understanding of their work so as to be able to act as a true business partner
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring these are in line with current legislation and industry benchmarks
- Responsibility for the implementation of all HR policies, ensuring that all HR issues are dealt with within the timescales set out in the procedures
- Support the development of strong communication and feedback channels with all staff and through a variety of mechanisms to support employee engagement
- Ensure all data on manual and computerised records is accurate and up to date and provide accurate and timely reports as and when required
- Must be well organized and able to juggle multiple tasks, and action-orientated, who meets deadlines and makes it happen.
- Must have ability to build and maintain relationships and work confidently with people at all levels
- Must possess an enthusiastic and approachable personality.
- Must be an excellent communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to earn trust and credibility.
- Must have ability to influence, network, negotiate, counsel and mediate
- Must have ability to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality
- Must have ability to work independently and take initiative, but also must be enthusiastic team player.
- Must be willing to accept responsibility and make decisions based on experience, education and understanding of business needs and culture
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience in a Generalist HR role, with a proven track record in working as a HR Business Partner or Snr Consultant to deliver contemporary HR practices.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or social sciences.
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting organization-wide programs that cover performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data analytics, and relationship management.
- Previous experience in capturing metrics and producing various employment reports.
- Experience in different avenues for talent acquisition e.g., social media, networking, employee referrals, job postings, as well as conducting open houses and virtual job fairs.
- Professional certification in Human Capital from any of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) Nigeria, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) UK
- Experience in financial services or management consultancy, a plus